365 DAY ACCESS WITH MENTORING COURSE
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 26th @ 8PM PACIFIC
This unorthodox course explores the process of creating a figure in clay, from before you even start, up to the point of "when to stop". Form and structure, mass and energy, mood and movement, composition versus design, speed and pace, sculpting materials and tools. It is all covered in depth and waiting for you within this course.
Simon’s passion for art is contagious; delving into his approach and seeing his process of figure sculpting is a must for all artists regardless of your choice of medium.
MODULE 1 | preparations for the beginning
The first module is explaining how much work is to be done before you begin anything. From sketching, analyzing photographs, to the choice of the base and clay, to the actual sculpting, and finally, the decision when to stop. All those steps unfolding in front of you simplify your way to freedom when sculpting.
MODULE 2 | How to see the hidden structure in any figure
The second module is a visual guide on how to see, draw and construct your sculpture. We will employ the concept of the "box" to locate and shape the figure in space. The hidden structure becomes obvious and will guide you to the understanding of any figure in any position.
MODULE 3 | MECHANICS OF HUMAN ANATOMY
The third module is devoted to anatomy. We will draw and sculpt models for each body part, not as medical dissection, but as a 3-dimensional mechanical design. It will reveal why we move the way we do. The function will find its form.
MODULE 4 | HOW TO SEE WHAT MATTERS
The fourth module is a ride on all the knowledge we accumulated through the course. We will walk through the whole process of seeing the figure, analyzing, building the custom armature, sculpting, and following the bliss while doing it. You will see me doing what I preach. And after the show, I will open my treasure chest, introduce you to my tools of the trade - concepts, no secrets!
On top of the core 8.5 hours of instructional videos, Simon adds additional educational content throughout the 365 days — it’s an ever-growing library of tutorials to provide you with fresh material for added inspiration and motivation.
Whether you draw, paint or sculpt figures Simon's course will teach you techniques and skills EVERY artist needs.
“Thank you so much for providing such invaluable guidance in sculpting. It has been a wonderful experience learning from you. I plan to "see with my hands" through inspired practice and I am excited to apply this knowledge to my own work."
"I am eternally appreciative of your skills…genius... as an artist and a teacher. Your patience was above and beyond… making this an incredible learning tool…I could actually watch you work and listen to your thinking …."
Study and Mentoring Description
We are excited to have Simon Kogan on our Online platform. He is an exceptional sculptor and teacher and now we have the opportunity to bring his knowledge to your studio.
Physical workshops are great, but they end way too fast. Wouldn’t it be great to have ongoing access to instructional content 24/7 to help you get the results you deserve?
We know it can be so frustrating and disheartening to work hard at perfecting your art to only be hit with more stumbling blocks. This zaps our confidence and makes us wonder if we really know what we’re doing…
…well, this is why we created our "NEW 365 Day Access with Mentoring", all with you in mind.
What to Expect
- You will have access to Simon's knowledge for a FULL YEAR. This is not a class or a workshop; it’s ongoing study and mentoring with Simon Kogan.
- There are stunning High Definition pre-recorded video demonstrations to watch with suggested assignments to put what you learn into practice once you enroll.
- This Online course is designed to fit around your schedule: no deadlines or set times to be at your computer. Learn at "your" pace, slow down, and take all the time you need to become the artist you've always wanted to be. Simon's course is always open, waiting for you to login.
- Simon will also have "bi-monthly" group sessions with feedback & critiques throughout the year to keep you focused, inspired, and moving forward.
- There will be "new" video content added each month. This way, the course is always expanding and providing you even further opportunities to see growth in your work.
- And—most importantly—you can join Simon's "private" Facebook community. This community will give you full support for your growth as a sculptor. Only YOU and your fellow students. Get guidance and feedback, and share your progress with each other all-year-long.
*Note~ Your participation in the private FB group is not mandatory, but we sure hope you’ll take advantage of this valuable resource.
- And, the best thing about this course: it’s knowledge that keeps on working and working, whether you’re just starting out or a well-established artist. Simon's Online course works for EVERYbody who puts in the effort.
FIGURATIVELY SPEAKING - $595 USD
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 26th @ 8PM PACIFIC