“DEVELOPING AN IMPRESSIONISTIC APPROACH”
"NEW" 365 DAY ACCESS WITH MENTORING COURSE
ENROLLMENT IS CURRENTLY CLOSED
Colley is completely focused on supporting all his new students.
Mark your calendars! We will be reopening the doors this fall
MODULE 1 | DESIGN
When starting a painting, the placement of our major and minor shapes is of paramount importance. What a great place to begin, right at the foundations of a painting. Many artists get overwhelmed by the complexity of a particular subject, I will show you the importance of starting with the biggest shapes and finishing with small. We will also be delving into focal points, balancing your composition, lead in lines, editing our original scene and many other powerful ideas and concepts that will enhance your work. I find that when I start a painting, if I have planned well, I’m going to finish with a painting that I'm happy with. Instead of stressing and fighting with unknown forces.
MODULE 2 | VALUES
My work is known for my use of light, I would like to share with you my secrets to achieving a powerful light effect in your paintings. After Design, Tonal Values are my next priority when painting, not to be mistaken for use of color. The search for subtle and accurate Tonal Values is an exciting and rewarding exercise. We will be looking into the importance of expanding our tonal range from light to dark and from cool to warm. I have extra content to show you visually how to achieve strong and precise Tonal Values.
MODULE 3 | STRUCTURE
The most fearful aspects to painting structural scenes is perspective and proportions. I will start with the large skeleton shapes of our composition and then we will put some muscle onto those bones. We will be breaking down a complex scene into paintable steps. I will delve into brushwork and edges so our structural shapes begin to take on the form we are aiming to portray. Controlling the visual information is very important, this demonstration will explore ways to keep control of our scene and maximizing our focal points.
MODULE 4 | ANIMALS IN THE LANDSCAPE
I’ve always felt that a painting will be enhanced if we can inject an example of life or a sense that someone lives there. There are so many scenes that grab our attention, but we quickly think. Oh, it’s missing something, if only it had that something extra to hold our focus. This demonstration will show you how easy it is to take an interesting scene and turn it into an attention seeker.
On top of the core 15 hours of instructional videos, Colley adds additional educational content throughout the 365 days — it’s an ever-growing library of tutorials to provide you with fresh material for added inspiration and motivation.
Whether you paint still lifes, landscapes, figures, or portraits … whether you use oils, acrylics, pastels, or watercolors, Colley’s course will teach you techniques and skills EVERY artist needs.
Study and Mentoring Description
We are excited to have Colley Whisson join us Online. He is an exceptional painter and teacher and now we have the opportunity to bring his knowledge to your studio all the way from Australia.
Physical workshops are great, but they end way too fast. Wouldn’t it be great to have ongoing access to instructional content 24/7 to help you get the results you deserve?
We know it can be so frustrating and disheartening to work hard at perfecting your art to only be hit with more stumbling blocks. This zaps our confidence and makes us wonder if we really know what we’re doing…
…well, this is why we created our "NEW 365 Day Access with Mentoring", all with you in mind.
What to Expect
- You will have access to Colley's' knowledge for a FULL YEAR. This is not a class or a workshop; it’s ongoing study and mentoring with Colley Whisson.
- There are stunning High Definition pre-recorded video oil demonstrations to watch with suggested assignments to put what you learn into practice once you enroll.
- This Online course is designed to fit around your schedule: no deadlines or set times to be at your computer. Learn at "your" pace, slow down, and take all the time you need to become the artist you've always wanted to be. Colley's course is always open, waiting for you to login.
- Colley will also have "bi-monthly" group sessions with feedback & critiques throughout the year to keep you focused, inspired, and moving forward.
- There will be "new" video content added each month. This way, the course is always expanding and providing you even further opportunities to see growth in your work.
- And—most importantly—you can join Colley’s "private" Facebook community. This community will give you full support for your growth as a painter. Only YOU and your fellow students. Get guidance and feedback, and share your progress with each other all-year-long.
*Note~ Your participation in the private FB group is not mandatory, but we sure hope you’ll take advantage of this valuable resource.
- And, the best thing about this course: it’s knowledge that keeps on working and working, whether you’re just starting out or a well-established artist. Colley's Online course works for EVERYbody who puts in the effort.
DEVELOPING AN IMPRESSIONISTIC APPROACH - $595 USD
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
We will be reopening the doors this fall